Wednesday, June 24, 2009

News...

Two days ago my family found out my dad is eligible for Veterans Disability because of Agent Orange he was exposed to in Vietnam.

(Taking out the part of the story that includes my dad's health issues and how hard it's been for everyone to deal with them.)

I found out one of his benefits is that I have until I turn 26 (23 months) to accept money for school, more than enough to pay for a Masters. Insane, absolutely unreal. I never thought I would. (Will be paying for Undergrad for sometime still!)

But as of yesterday I decided, applied, and am taking the GRE this Saturday! Wow, still surprising news to me. Looking into online English as a Second Language Masters through NWMSU.

Feelings of insane humblness, graditude, weight of a 2 year commitment, and a touch of sceptisisim that it will help me in getting a job in the current economy-- but all the same, imense graditude for the oppurtunity.

1 comment:

Hudson said...

Go for it. Good luck.