Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Paid Reality Show

I know if Olive Garden had their own reality TV show it would be a hit- or at least I would like it! (I do actually, because I live it!) Filled with dramatic/funny/odd characters, there's always something entertaining and something to catch you off guard. I like to gamble with Mike (I've lost 20 cents so far- looking for a rematch) on whose food will come first in the window. Jorge's always ready to tell you 'ey luv you bebe', and laugh overly hard when he can't understand your English. Then there's Asian Mike who breaks out in full blown seriously loud opera singing to the costumers, and older Debra, full of ornery spunk who will tell you unfiltered how life is. If rambunctious Charlie finds you oblivious, he'll slip onions and lemons in your pouch, and if he has a towel in his hands, someone can expect a stinger on their behind! (I got one the other day and the whole restaurant heard about it! "CHARLIE!!!" Woops!) My friend Jen and I look a lot a like, and he have a great time tricking coworkers and costumers on whose who, and it often works!

I'm enjoying the show and enjoying them... most days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Em I so know what you are talking about! When I worked at the OG (in MN) we used to say the same thing about a reality show. We also thought it would be fun to make a musical at the restaurant. I don't miss the job, but I loved the people I worked with. Many of these people are still my friends. We had great times observing the many ... Read Morecharacters that would come in to eat. We had our regulars like the "palm reader" lady with the vulger mouth, the cowboy that always ate at the bar and would leave if KC wasn't bartending, the "double d girls" that would always order seafood alfredo with xtra shrimp and xtra alfredo - and extra dinner mints, oh and the teens that would come in for eating contests during Never Ending Pasta Bowl - I saw a 110llbish girl gobble down 12 bowls of pasta! One time a man yelled across the restaurant to a lady whos cell phone kept going off, "you pre Madonna c$%& h@#*&$!" Ahhh good times