Friday, May 29, 2009

Doughnuts and Departures

I don't know what it is about people wanting me to eat with them when I serve at Olive Garden, but last night was another one of those sweet moments. This precious old couple invited me (with lots if persausive force!) to share their desert (Zeipple-- little Italian doughnuts). "Oh honey, you need to have another one" as we sat and chatted and later a $20 tip! Couldn't belive it.

So my brother enlists in the Army today. His wife is as well. Scary stuff. Between their apartment leases and departure date (3 mos.?) they'll be living at home which will be cool because we can spend lots of time together. Of course a lot of patience will be needed as well, but I'm looking foward to it.

And it's now looking like my adventure to Costa Rica might be prolonged a few months. Hum, lifes on a wim at this stage.

No comments: