Friday, March 7, 2008

Little People

Awesome kid moments lately...

+ I was ease dropping on preschooler Maddie talking dramatically with her friend at the sand table, "Did you know Beast, in The Beauty and the Best is real. He is, I know he is because I saw him at Disney World."
+ One of my favorite first grade boys asked me yesterday if I would marry him. I had to tell him no because he was too short for me. :)
+ This one means the most to me... a boy that has always been the biggest trouble maker the 2 years I've worked there(to the point of having to leave the program because of violence) and has always made it no secret he didn't like me-- recently has become my biggest fan. 'Ms. Emily, Ms. Emily watch this.' (I heard this about 10 times in a 30min period today). I mentioned I liked a movie, 'Oh yeah that is a good movie. Yeah, that is a really good movie. Ms. Emily are you going to be in afterschool today?' It's a powerful thing to see a change of heart.

3 comments:

Jeff Kieslich said...

you told him was too short! oh my word! Emily Duggan. Scarred for life.

(ben)koehn said...

I use google reader so I can subscribe to the blogs i like to read.

Gigi said...

Don't really know how I found you but just glad that I did....I'll be back and look forward to being able to just quietly watch your journey. becky